Baked Chocolate Donuts with Coffee Glaze
Servings: 12 donuts Adapted from https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/chocolate-cake-donuts/
Ingredients: 1 cup (5oz/150g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (1.5oz/45g) Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup (2oz/60g) brown sugar
pinch of salt
4 tablespoons (2oz/60g) melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup (6oz/180g) sour cream
1 tablespoons Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa
1½ cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons room temp coffee
1.Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease your Donut pan. Here is the one I love to use in this link.
2. Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt. Then mix in eggs, sour cream, vanilla and melted oil.
3. Add batter to a quart size ziploc bag. Cut small part of one corner off to pipe into donut pan wells. Fill them no higher than 3/4 of the way up so they don't bake over.
4. Bake donuts for 11 minutes or until they are firm and spring back when you touch them.
5. Turn over on to a cooling rack to cool until just warm to the touch.
6. Make glaze! Just simply whisk the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until no lumps remain.
7. Dip the tops of the donuts in the glaze and wallah!
My son loved helping me make these! Glad we weren't planning on sharing them with anyone! : )